Sunday, August 15, 2010

off of the hook

The 10 year high school reunion for Bell High is October 2. The same night as my little cousin's QuinceaƱera. Boy was I glad that a special girl turning 15 was enough of an excuse for me not to attend my high school reunion. Facebook seems to have made it irrelevant to attend any sort of reunion with people whose vacation photos you see on a weekly basis. And yes that is my name on the wall in our high school because for some reason I was chosen to help paint our class mural.
I must say that it wasn't that I was not looking forward to seeing the five people I would care to reunite with from high school but seriously, what's the point? It's a big ole brag fest with people trying to out do each other and promising to keep in touch and possibly getting drunk or revenge from people you disliked or had crushes on and want to prove you're better off without them.

I honestly had a pleasant high school experience. The poorness of everyone led to lots of equality amongst everyone and nothing was that big a deal. The prom queen was the girl voted nicest, and boy was she and the prom king was a nice kid too that we grew up with. No such retched experiences or boys that broke my heart I wish to extract revenge on. Darn! Also it helps knowing I'm not a loser. I went to college, got a good job, got a good guy to marry me. Yay me.

My best memories were in college. So when Biola has a ten year reunion, I'll be there.

No comments: