Monday, August 16, 2010

one of the best things i've ever made

Matt and I finally made it to the Uptown Whittier Farmer's market which is on Fridays 'til 1pm. It wasn't as epic in scale as the Hollywood one but it had cheap veggies. I bought summer squash, berries, corn, and carrots. What oh what does a person make with that? Particularly the squash. I went to my favorite recipe source, Martha Stewart and found this recipe:
As luck would have it, I had everything the recipe called for except enough pasta which I sent Matt to the store to grab. He's so helpful.  With each add of a different ingredient, in my mind I was imagining what the taste was doing to the overall combination. I could imagine what it tasted like. The smell coming out of this thing was unbelievable, I actually had to make Matt come to the kitchen just to smell it. The garlic, the green onion, the corn, the butter. 
It was so freaking tasty. I dunno if it was the fresh veggies that took it up a notch but it was one of the best things I've ever made without a doubt. 
So try it out for yourself and don't skimp on the squash. I kinda did and I wish I wouldn't have. But you bet your buns I won't skimp next time 'cause there will definitely be a next time. Bon Apetit.

1 comment:

the hickles said...

I feel like I can smell it through the screen =)
Looks fantastic. I'll have to try it on a night where Greg will make his own food-- he doesn't like Zucchini or Squash at ALL. Silly guy- he's sure missing out!