Thursday, August 19, 2010

with my gift card

I went to Bonne A Mie which is where my sisters buy their clothes. They are much cheaper than anywhere else. Dresses are rarely over $20. Anyway I bought three grey dresses and two colorful ones. Here's the first grey one. I was sucking my gut in this one but I'll be wearing spanx when I wear it.
It has a big zipper in the back that goes with the zipper on my heels.
Colorful # 1. I like this little thing, reminds me of Jamie Meares's general aesthetic.
Grey dress #2 that also has a black belt. I wore this exact outfit to the dentist and then to visit Matt's grandparents. Both times the women remarked on the shoes positively.
Colorful dress # 2, I think I'll wear to my cousin's XV.
Mainly so I could wear the shoes.

Grey dress # 3. It looks a lot like the others right? Well it's not.
That same day I went to Forever 21 and purchased as my facebook account already told you FIVE pairs of jeans. I dunno if you guys have my problem of giantus ass-us, but Forever 21 was kind to me and my bottom and didn't charge me much for them although they charge way too much for everything else in that dang store. These were $15.
And had just what I wanted. Zippers on the pant leg. I know, so 80s.
These were only $9.50. Yes I am still 28" after almost 3 years of marriage and 10 pounds. I guess the fat went to my gut and my face, how nice of it not to inconvenience me in having to buy new pants.
I debated photographing myself in all five but I got distracted or something. Anyway five jeans. Is anything more hated than the day when you realize you have to go to the store to buy more jeans? I'm almost always close to tears when I try them on but I was okay this time. And I tease about the perceived fatness of myself because Michelle told me the story of a friend of hers trying desperately to just get down to a size 12, which made me feel much better about myself. Then again I live with sisters who had babies and are now up to a size 1. ONE! And who weighed 130 pounds at 9 months of pregnancy which is what I weigh now. Thanks sis.

No comments: