Friday, September 3, 2010

the drum room OR the girls' room

The phenomena of two of my sisters and my sister in-law all having girls within a two year span was pretty mind boggling. Now that they're all out of the oven, it's time to think of our own kid's room...

SUCKERS. I meant the room for my nieces. 

Ideally I would have put bunk beds in the room but I ain't spending money on this room. So, right now it has our old dining table and four stools and we're calling it the coloring table.

Pinboard will eventually have art made by the girls. I'm sure Char will claim the Cinderella card when she comes to visit. Oh the room is also for Char and Claire since they're also girls.

I even bought coloring books and some space flashcards. I'll have to wait a bit to explain to Lyla about Apollo 11 but when that day comes I'll be ready.
And a little yellow box with crayons. Crayons are so dang cute. And it always makes me think of that awesome video of how crayons are made.
Johnny Cash & Elvis are still there.
I replaced the navy curtains with happy turquoise ones. They were $20 at Target.
And then I did this...
I didn't plan the wall. I just took down the shelf that was there before and I started hammering up spare frames in various configurations and then chose pictures I liked for the empty frames and printed them and hung them up along with whatever round thing I had to add some shapes.
Lyla. My cats. Char and Claire. Madison. Angie.
More Angie and Lyla. My dogs.
I hear kids like really colorful things and it helps their development. Whatevs. I just put up color.
I have a notebook with checklists for things to do in each room. For the drum room I had written "something". Check.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

i showed char. she approves! and wants to know when we can go there for her to test it all out? she particularly likes the castle picture.