Thursday, September 2, 2010

ikea kitchen

When I went to buy the bench I spent a lot of time poking around this model kitchen at Ikea. This is my favorite layout. Long row of LOTS of cabinets and one big giant island in the middle with storage underneath it that consists of all drawers.
When we move and get a house and have to remodel a kitchen, I'm gonna get an Ikea kitchen because they're cheapest and they have this white lacquerish cabinetry. But I am a big fan of all drawers. I don't think I could be that progressive and put my plates in a drawer, I'm traditional, plates go in a cabinet! Along with cups and mugs and bowls! 
I would get a dark countertop along the walls, a light countertop on the island and the island would be lacuqerish grey, just like my current island. Yes, two different color countertops, WILD! I would get a bigger sink along the wall and no sink on the island. Also on my wishlist for the future, a dishwasher that blends into the cabinetry. Can you see it? It's next to the sink. To the left.
This rolldown door is also on the wishlist. It hides often used appliances. Down.
Up!

I don't know why but I hate having a microwave over an oven. I do like them being easily accessible but maybe more out of sight. like under the island.
I think I do like the idea of having a separate cook top and eye level oven. Who wants to bend down to retrieve a pizza or delicious cake?
And this is my absolute must have pantry. A pull out pantry so you can easily access all your items. Maybe actually make brown rice instead of having it sit in a jar way in the back.

It must be said that while I love this kitchen, it's really stark. I'd warm it up with color and accessories.

2 comments:

the hickles said...

I definitely love and agree with the pull out pantry idea! It's totally on my future-home-kitchen wish list =)

Michelle said...

low oven = burned children. under the island microwave = broken by children microwave. and that's my 2 cents.