Tuesday, October 19, 2010

the guest bath redo: part 2- where do these dumb ass ideas come from?

I went to Trader Joe's after work one day. I'd made a list of things I wanted to buy: green onions, cheese snacks, and I don't know why but I made up my mind that the newly remodeled bathroom deserved new shampoo and conditioner. And since I was going to Trader Joe's, I had to get the citrus shampoo and conditioner my mother in-law loves since not only does it smell nice but the bottles match. AND it also comes in a body wash. See how nicely they fit in the nook my father in law made?
So now my dumb ass has it in her head that the scent for that room is citrus. And the colors for that room are to be citrus-y. Since the walls are already green, it needs orange. Oranges. An orange grove. California Oranges. Orange County Oranges. Basically, this here print.
Since it's California related, it seems apropo in a guest bath where weary travelers will be bombarded with reminders that they're in California and not in Kansas anymore. Maybe I should put some Steinbeck books in there too. 'Cause nothing says hey welcome to our house like a depressing story about what life was like in our golden state during the great depression.

P.S. Don't think it's lost on me that I've put up yet another jerky teaser picture.

No comments: