Thursday, October 7, 2010

it's been a nice ride. or has it?

Well our fridge crapped out. The fridge we've had forever. The fridge that Ambre, Alison, Mari, Ab, Liz, Matt, and I have put our food in. Matt phoned happily to inform me of the news. Wanna go to Best Buy? Of course I want to go to Best Buy to buy a new fridge Matt, what is this a trick?
Now, we've discussed my husband Matthew correct? He who does not like to spendeth of the dougheth. He could not have been more excited to fork out some cash for a new fridge. He said that fridge was an eyesore and he's been unhappy with it for years. Okay, I'm not a fan of our circa 1970 fridge myself and looked forward to that glorious of days when it would be replaced but Matt's extreme desire to replace it was no where in my radar. Quite a pleasant surprise. See the bottom gap to the right? Broken shelf.
This buying a new fridge thing has been the most in sync thing my husband and I have ever discussed. "What color?" -me. "Black". -matt. "You want it to be like ours with the two doors?"-me "Yes."-matt "Ice maker?"-me "Yes."-says matt who adds, "Oh and one with clear drawers". Is he reading my refrigerator wishlist mind? I can't believe I had a refrigerator wishlist!
We're leaning towards this Frigidaire (our stove is frigidaire, you have to match) beauty. It has the capacity to store gallon sized items on the door and has clear drawers and clear shelves made of glass. I can't wait for Matt to get back from the doctor's so we can go shopping. And yes, we've measured the space in our kitchen to see what fits and we're buying something that will work for us now and for our next house where I plan on a white kitchen with black appliances and black countertops.

UPDATE: We bought the fridge!! It's coming on Saturday. Could I be more excited?!

No comments: