Tuesday, October 19, 2010

that's bullshit

"but it's not as important as getting married"

OHMYGOSH. Watching the Season Finale of Mad Men was a bra burner. A crazy yelling, wishing Ali was there so we could scream and jump on the couch and high five moment. What. The. Crap. SOCIETY. Why do you keep trying to tell us that we need a man and a baby to make it all perfect and until we get such things, we're just not as important? Well I'm calling BULLSHIT. BULLLLLLLLSHHIIIIIIIIIITTTTT! I don't need a white dress, a pram, and a white picket fence to make me feel complete. Hell to the no. I don't need a kick ass job to make me feel complete. I am what I am and that's all that I am. I am woman. Please continue singing the Helen Reddy song in your cars. Loudly. I am woman hear me roar, come on, go on.
Oh, yes, I do realize that I have the job and the husband. But let's pretend that I'm just a little Peggy Olson working my buns off trying to do stuff in life and feeling a little Ally McBeal about the way things work. I might be a participant, but I'm also a member.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

you don't need it to be complete... but let's be honest, it's pretty darn nice to have.