Friday, November 12, 2010

like losing it in the back seat of a car at prom night

Fast. So fast you can hardly remember it and aren't even sure it actually happened. If not for the proof that nine months later you popped out a kid.

Good thing cameras exist! For the book signing, not for the back seat of a car at prom night. That would be gross. Really gross.

So luckily three sweet gems joined me in indulging my nerdiness and waited patiently in line for two hours ish so we could see hermajesty in person. My mother in-law, her sister, and HER sister in-law. Whew! Thanks Jill, Jan, and Wendy.
So there was rules. She would not sign any book other than a book you purchased that day at the store. She would not sign anything other than her name. She would not pose for pictures.
Bam, bam, bam. I understand she's super popular and I understand there were like 500 people waiting in line and it had to move fast so I understood the rules and accepted them. It was just very disappointing and impersonal. Last book signing Mary spoke to us for a few minutes and customized the signing. But then again Mary is no Barefoot Contessa and she'd never get a crowd like this.
And cause I know you were wondering. She was wearing shoes. Comfortable shoes.
There she is in all her glory.
 I told her "thanks for changing my life".
While we were there I might as well pick up a new pepper grinder. Oh hello Peugeot.
 I got the olive oil she recommends using too 'cause what the hey, why not.
Six books. Don't they look pretty together? Wow I didn't do it on purpose but they're very chromatically organized.
So much cooking to do...

1 comment:

jill f said...

Thank YOU EvY for letting us join you! It was so fun, and I can't think of anyone I'd rather have been with to meet the Contessa than you! Wouldn't have missed it.