Monday, December 6, 2010

more christmas decorating

The kitchen ball of black and white and silver ornaments.
My giant ass family. I bought five new stockings this year to account for the addition of Gaudy, Eddie, Angie, Lyla, and Savannah. Geebuz.
 The Christmas yarn wreath. We had the door repainted recently and while it's an improvement over the previous one no one seems to like the color. Not us, not Dan & Jill. But I ain't repainting it.
Like last year I've put up two Christmas trees. This it the one in the kitchen/dining area that houses the sentimental ornaments.
Ambre has the other cow commemorating our five years of living together. That's longer than my husband and I have lived together. 
This is the tree in the living room that houses the pretty ornaments that Angie likes to put in her mouth. They're all black, white, and silver.
 Woz's ornament. Lebowski has one too that commemorates the year he came into the family.
 I didn't put a single round ornament on the tree. They're all diamond, star, etc. shaped.
One of my biggest regrets for the Christmas party last year was not putting up outdoor Christmas lights. In a fit of extra energy on Saturday I went for it. What do you know I had a box of tons of Christmas lights including the greatest invention ever of NET LIGHTS, which I had two sets of you can see on the right. It's just what it sounds like, it's Christmas lights in the shape of a net that you just drape over your bushes for instant twinkle. I bought them on sale after Christmas and want to get more so next year I'll have enough to bring the lights all the way to the front of the house, right now I've kept them within the confines of the front patio.
The front patio got all twinkled out and it looks really cute. Two of our guests are allergic to cats and while I'm making every effort to dust and vacuum and put the varmints away the day of, I am sure they're gonna want to step outside to take a breather so the front patio is gonna be a nice little outdoor winter wonderland lounge. I wish I could show you a picture but you'll just have to wait. It's gonna be so appealing maybe we'll all want to step outside.

No comments: