Saturday, December 11, 2010

vegan

Like I mentioned before, we've recently found from an allergy test that my honey is allergic to milk and eggs. Which basically means that us vegetarians are now working our ways towards vegan cooking. I got a few cookbooks since Matt's discount at B&N is 40%. On Friday I made vegan peanut butter waffles with semi-sweet chocolate chips since they don't have milk in them (I checked). Overall pretty tasty except they softer than the waffles we're used to.
My boss at work was vegan and it's very difficult to be vegan. Plus with her it was all about the animal cruelty thing and you know, I like critters and all but I am so not one of them extremist terrorist PETA people. If someone effs with an otter though, I'm coming after them. Though I don't think they need my help to protect themselves. They're cute but they ain't cuddly.

I'm not going so far in the veganism I'm just gonna try to cook without eggs and dairy for Matt. I still enjoy the occassional cheese and glass of milk. I had the vegan waffles with a glass or regular milk, I can't do a glass of soy milk. Nast, as the kids say. We're going through all the milks to decide which one Matt likes best. Next after soy is rice milk, which I bet I will like since I love horchata.

On another subject, I've come to a turning point I'm sure Ambre will find interesting. I like veggie bacon now. I think I just had to get used to the taste and I really like it now.

2 comments:

Miri said...

two words: coconut milk.

Ambre said...

I tried turkey bacon for the first time recently. Different. I'll try it again. Haven't tried the veggie though. Maybe this week!! (eek, excited to see you!)