Friday, December 2, 2011

snoopy and us

Awhile ago Matt had the idea of using our Knott's Season Pass and taking the nieces out for a day. So on Tuesday we did. We picked them up and they were very excited but very buger-y. Yes I am that awful adult that takes a sick child to a public place. You're welcome for the germs.
We tried the Wild West Stunt Show and the girls were mesmerized. I don't think they understood it was all fake but the dudes running around and shooting things kept them very still.
We had a disastrous and messy lunch at Lucy's Lunch Box where most of the food ended up on the floor and played with. I just don't think they were hungry. But juice boxes, whole other story.
We subjected them to the Peanuts show and Lyla enjoyed dancing along and I enjoyed feeling sorry for the poor girl whose job it was to sing with Peanuts characters.
They did NOT like this one bus ride. I think the sensation of stomach dropping was too much for them to handle, their faces were just so uncomfortable.
I came out of the bathroom to find that someone had given Matt a giant stuffed Rudolf. Obviously it is not at our house but Liz tells me they really enjoy playing with him.
The Bounce House was a MAJOR hit. I thought they might be too young to enjoy it but they went nuts and didn't want to leave. I'm sure lots of germs were spread this way.
And the little truck that lets you steer and honk a horn, holy crap. Look at those excited faces.
About two hours in Lyla was pretty much done but kept trying to keep herself awake only barely. She was like a drunk baby, stumbling along, vacant expressions.
First time on the merry go round she was confused as to why I'd chosen the horse that doesn't go up and down and I corrected my mistake the second time on the horseys.
This is a good shot of all the snot coming down her face. Aww, aren't children disgusting?
They were mostly terrified of him but for some reason were able to say "Bye Soosy!" I got them Snoopy dolls too, had to happen.
Lyla cried and tantrumed when I put her in the stroller 'cause she knew as soon as she sat there she'd be knocked out and she was. Snoopy was pretty tired too.
And so were a pair of aunt and uncle already planning a trip back, hopefully with a lot less boogers.

No comments: