Wednesday, February 8, 2012

the ole 30th birthday party

You know how my parties are all about class and sophistication? Of cloth napkins and candles and melon ballers and punch bowls that just scream good taste. Of pretending to be an adult wearing a nice dress and drinking champagne and pretty table settings and what not.
Well my 30th birthday party is not about that in the slightest. This is about cheesy, tacky, in the spirit of all the mashed up things that make up my life and one of my favorite TV shows ever. It's about Lucille's wine boxes...
And Buster's juice boxes.
 "We have unlimited juice? This party is gonna be off the hook."
It's about a suspicious cooler of evidence with the words H. Maddas on it.

And about frozen bananas. And ice cream sandwiches.
I guess I decided the colors would be orange (from the opening credits) and blue thanks to Tobias & the blue man group references.
 
It's also about knowing that there's gonna be a few people there and I don't really want to wash dishes and spend a week cleaning so I have *GASP* paper plates and plastic cups and plastic wine glasses. This is not a party about being a sophisticated adult. This is about embracing the nerd that I am and taking one last look at adulthood and giving it the finger.

I am going to be thirty. THIRTY. That's a huge freaking deal.

1 comment:

...melody... said...

Love it and hope that it is the BEST time EVER! :)