Friday, February 10, 2012

tv

I have a thing about only committing to one TV show real time at a time. This year, it's Downton Abbey. HOLY CRAP. Jill, are you watching it? It's on PBS and it's online and on netflix instant and it's addicting and wonderful and amazing and I've already hooked a few people on it so join us. It's all prim and proper so I can recommend it with a clean conscience.
I've missed the past two episodes because I am not used to watching a TV show real time as it airs and watching a show on PBS is a serious commitment because there's no commercials so I have to sit there from 9pm-10pm and not do a thing. Luckily I catch the ones I've missed the day after.

Other shows I am watching / watch / catching up on (bold are the ones only I watch aka not Matt):
1) 30 Rock. It's kinda jumped the shark but I hang onto hope for Liz Lemon and Jack & Co.
2) Community. It freaking better come back stupid NBC.
3) Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. LOVE him like he loves everyone and thinks they're all great.
4) SNL. Even a bad episode of SNL has some good stuff in it.
5) Mad Men. Season 4 cliff hanger has me counting down 'til March. Season 4 pretty much sucked but I will not give up on Peggy + Joan.
6) Battlestar Galactica. Me and the hubs love Sci-Fi and this show is just incredible.
7) How I Met Your Mother. I'm on Season 2 on Netflix and it's getting better. My sister is hooked on it so I have to watch it in order to communicate with her.
8) Lost. I'm on Season 3. Don't tell me why they have a book club on an island.

Shows I plan on watching / what everyone is telling me I need to watch:
1) Parks & Rec
2) Modern Family
3) Big Bang Theory

Television is the new cinema. The last movie I saw in theatres: Harry Potter 7. Months ago.

No comments: