Friday, May 18, 2012

dis our dining room

Originally this area was supposed to be a den but we didn't want two living areas so it became my giant space for dining and it has held quite a few dinner parties this little space. I'm a big fan of the view from the kitchen which is to this happy little space.
The prints have amassed here over the years. Just when I think I'm done, one more.
For reals though I'm done. I just needed the Rosemary one, it's Matt's grandma's name.
I always imagined I'd be getting a sideboard for the dining area but getting this tall cabinet was a good idea. It's evolved a lot over the years and it's at it's most effective display + purpose.
It looks busy when it's open but when it's closed it's quite streamlined.
That white salad bowl was a gift from my aunt Carmen for our bridal shower in Mexicali. It's still one of my absolutely favorite things. I think my family knows my taste well. Most of them anyway.
This set was with the tea shelf but fear of earthquake damage has moved it down here where it's lower and behind doors.
Tablecloths & runners in the drawer.
And since this little cart is right next to the dining area, let's just put it in the dining room category since the kitchen has so many things to take pictures of.
It's pretty much all coffee now. I want a new machine though, one that actually works. This one's pretty much just show at this point.
Jar of coffee beans, so darn cute.
This is how all sugar things should look, sorted by colors.
Coffee. Machine. Coffee. Machine.
Hope you all have a lovely weekend with some eats and good places to sit and eat them.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

i like the name rosemary.