Sunday, July 1, 2012

dead dove do not eat

We're off to Portland today but we left Los Angeles in style. Friday night Matt and I drove up to attend the grand opening of an Arrested Development art exhibit on Melrose. I thought nobody would be there but there was a line out the door for hours. Luckily we were early and went in pretty quickly and met up with Miri & Matt (Biola) and Francesca & Tim (work). Then we met up with Trevor (work) at Cube for dinner down the street. Everyone seemed to enjoy their meal and thought the exhibit was good so I'm calling it a win. The show still brings in a crowd.
Blue handprints were everywhere as well as frozen bananas for sale and hipsters. So many hipsters. But did any of them have an Arrested Development 30th birthday party? I think not...
There were a lot of prints and a few original pieces that were sold pretty quickly.
This was Matt's favorite hands down.
These are my awards mother, from army. The seal is for marksmanship, and the gorilla is for sand racing.
Tobias was the most represented and with good reason.
This was one of my favorites because of its subtlety.
We bought this one:
My favorite episode. I REALLY wanted this thing but it was like $300. Not that it wasn't worth it.
Francesca bought this one. It wa another one of my favorites.
I also bought this one.
And wasted no time framing and hanging it up, luckily I had a spare frame it fit into perfectly.
Very popular show.
This gal was dressed as Lindsey complete with SLUT shirt.
First time I've been to an art show and understood every single piece. Go see it for yourself if you're in Los Angeles, totally worth it. Special thanks to Ali for giving me the heads up about it.

No comments: