Monday, February 4, 2013

the peeps and eats of New York

Of course we stuffed out faces in New York. The good thing was our fellow eaters were more than just Francesca and I, we had friends and co-workers join us often which made meals so much fun.

We went to Eataly with our boss Rhonda, wow, that place is like a gourmet food mini mall with multiple restaurants and fantastic edibles to buy and make at home.
Russell joined us for hot dogs near PDT.
And he came with to Babbo, Mario Batali's first restaurant and a wonderful experience.
Betsy and I, being neighbors and all made a pit stop at Yucca Bar in our hood in the East Village.
Francesca and I paid homage to Momofuku. My favorite thing was a $2 soy egg and the peanut butter soft serve.
Gray's Papaya on the Westside that was in You've Got Mail, I just got a juice though.
We had Lombardi's, aka the first pizza in America delivered 'cause why not right? Speaking of we had a LOT of delivery for dinners since we would get home late and be beyond exhausted after four flights of stairs.
Giuliano, Francesca's brother joined us for S'mac and Cheese in our hood. He did not believe us when we told him not to order this size Mac.
We ate quite a few Dunkin.
But Donut plant, was the greatest donut I've had in my life.
Sharon from my old church days and her hubby joined me for a marathon 4 hour dinner at Public. We had a decade of catching up.
And Kitchen had to fork his brisket down to manageable size as a sandwich at the Carnegie Deli.
And that my friends is proof that I have friends and that I eat way too much.

- mobile blog post. spelling irrelevant.

No comments: