Friday, March 15, 2013

laundry room mock up

As you may recall, the laundry room is just outside of the master bedroom (brilliant by the way, the clothes move about 5 feet total, it's so convenient) and is the back door from whence our tenants enter to do their laundry. Here's where it is in relation to the rest of the house:
And this is what it's currently looking like:
This window needs a covering. But the mint and cilantro are loving the sunlight.
The backdoor I actually really like, it also needs some window covering.
I'd love to buy a new cooler, woven basket for our clothing.
The temple of pets. The baskets and the black boxes have pet accoutrement.
This side cabinet has laundry supplies and some cleaning items.
This light fixture needs to be replaced.
This rug eventually will need to be replaced.
This blank wall has a lot of potential but I'm not sure what could go here yet.
Door to the kitchen.
Since it is an important passageway and the rear entrance to our home and has the potential to be the place where we store our cleaning supplies and tools, it's sort of shot to the top of my priorities list. So I whipped up a little room board for it:
Jill and I were having a conversation about that three tiered rolling cart and how I badly need it but I have no place for it. If eventually we stack the washer and dryer, and install cabinets to the right of it to make a work top surface, I think we can leave some cabinet space underneath where we can store all of the cleaning supplies and tools and eventually we can slide that little cart in there as well like this.

Am I the type of lunatic that would re-do a laundry room just to be able to use a $50 cart in said room? I think we all know the answer to that question.

Have a great weekend. I'll be trying to find a new home for all the tools in the living room.

No comments: