Sunday, March 17, 2013

smaller is better (for us, for now)

Well we've officially been living in the new house for a month. And while there are evidences of this being a newly moved into home (mattress on the floor, panels nailed to walls instead of on curtain rods, old fridge in the backyard, unfinished shed in the driveway), we're pretty settled in. And while the absence of a garage and the loss of 700 square feet has led us to some storage kerfuffles I gotta say: I love being in a smaller home.
The pink roses in my front yard. You can stay pretties.
I knew I would. I panicked about the living room though, yikes is it tiny, but overall boy does life seem easier in a smaller home. Having stairs was pretty cool but we feel so much more connected now. It's hard to explain. It's cozy. It's homey. It's nice.

Really nice.

No comments: