so nervous i almost threw up

Wednesday I spoke at my alma matter to a bunch of current film students about my life in entertainment. How I got there, what I do, what it means, etc.

I gotta tell you before I got up there I was so nervous I felt like I was gonna throw up. What do I tell them? What can I say? Who am I to speak to young minds? Dr. Fisher and a gent named Jarred hosted me, seen pictured here in the newly revamped production center and were very welcoming.
Of course, I was properly attired. Though I added a blazer to make myself not look like a schmuck with a t-shirt in front of a bunch of youngsters. Though one of them referred to the shirt as old school GFS which means I am old. Obviously.
I'd spoken to Ali about what I would theme my little pep talk and she suggested "Production Coordinators, you shall know us by our retractable sharpies" so I got a dozen sharpies and whenever a kid asked a question, I'd toss them a sharpie.

I guess I did well 'cause afterwards a bunch of them hung around and thanked me and shook my hand and asked me to speak at their student groups. It was nice. I was once in their shoes, sitting, listening, asking questions.... it's nice to come full circle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Monastic Life of one Evelyn Fredrich

to do list

karlstad & sofa stuff