I did this one as a test to see if it looked good, sent it to Ali, then got busy/lazy but anyway, this will be fun! I think I'll do 5 lists, maybe 10. Here are skills/classes/lessons I'd like to learn:
It started with a book . Alexa had bought it and read it and passed it along with a note somewhere along the lines of I think you might enjoy this. I was grateful, as I always am for friends who send me books but it sat on my nightstand for months. Something happened March of 2020, can't remember what, but all of a sudden there was time now. Time to read something, anything so I picked it up and thus began the journey of desert spirituality. The book is about 3 spiritual practices the author considers the way of the heart. Solitude, silence, and prayer. I had mentioned before that our marriage counselor noticed that I needed to learn to just do one thing at a time because I'm "in my head a lot" so I started small. I'd grab a magazine and try to just read the magazine. No no, not the way you're doing it. You're checking your phone and you have the TV on in the background and you are doing your nails or eating something no. Just read the magazine. Do you k...
I know that I got my first grey hair in college but somewhere after having babies the top of my head started being dusted with grey highlights. I look in the mirror every day and still see a brunette but the greys being noticeable was apparent when I emerged from the pandemic and get compliments on how great my hair and especially my greys looked. Suddenly the greys are a big feature. Suddenly my flat hair had heaps of volume on normal days! Suddenly my hair could pull off certain hair styles. Suddenly my son was worried about how old I was getting and that I was gonna die because well, “your hair is turning white”. Wally is obviously not chronically online to know that grey hair is cool now. Grey hair is hot. Every man with white hair that’s handsome and lets his hair go grey we call a ‘silver fox’ and it is a crime to us if he dyes it. My husband, when the sides of his hair are longer, has those silver Reed Richards / Dr. Strange temples. It does something to me… and not just ‘caus...
Well after much debating I went ahead and bought it. The Lemonshine Ombre Console is going to be headed to Burbank to live in my office. The plan is laid out here. It would replace the standing TV cabinet and all of its contents would go inside of the new console, three floating shelves would go above it on the wall (they're already in the closet, just waiting, biding their time). Plus, I want all of the contents of the glass-front bookcase to fit inside that console as well and then get rid of the bookcase which while it pains me greatly to lose it since it's so nice and helpful, there would be no point in having it since the DVDs and books would go on those floating shelves above the cabinet. I want so badly to find another place in the house for it but guess what, my house is too dang small and we are maxed out on furniture in every room. Maybe I can give it to Ben to hold. He has an empty house with nothing in it that he can hold onto until I can reclaim it for th...
Comments