Friday, March 27, 2009

shopping trip

Favorite blog out there no doubt, is thisyounghouse.com. They're geniuses. I read it multiple times a day since they post multiple times a day and while out shopping I found some stuff they would have enjoyed. Its strange when things remind you of people you don't even know.

They'd done a post on this Himalayan salt lamp that's supposed to be eco friendly and purifies the air and makes you fly or something... Anyway, they bought one online for $20 and I wanted one. Not because its super beautiful, I mean, its nice and all but its mainly because its supposed to clean the air and the reviews swore it does. With two cats, I am curious. And TJ Maxx had one for $15 so I felt smug because they paid more plus shipping. I'm skeptical about it because my mother is very into finding out juju crazy cults and making sure we're not worshipping demons or snakes or whatnot so I put my hands on it and rebuked any demons. Then LJ sniffed it so I figured it was probably fine as long as we didn't get Himalayan salt lamp tattoos. To add to my smugness I found something they'd purchased for $119 at $60. Ha! And I found giant shell things they would have gone nuts over since their house is like a sea shop.

I also found this freaking chair that I want but at $99, I think Matthew would just veto it because of the price but I think it would be pefect for now and ever. In our room, a guest room, our bedroom. Just beautious. I even like the dang color!
This lamp was $25 and would be pretty dang perfect for my "office" cause it has that special intellectual property that I so long for in items: its shiny. This one $69 seems like its so nice and classy I should like it. Whereas in fact I'm drawn more to things with straight lines and patterns. What is my style anyway? This little bistro set is heavenly, so heavenly I don't remember the price. Can you imagine sitting out there, having tea, reading a magazine, sigh!From this shopping trip I purchased that himalayan lamp, a black and white decorative ball, a pail that I'll write about later, some chocolate, and some yellow microfiber towels. And I told Matt we shouldn't be buying things, note to self, avoid TJ Maxx, Marshalls, & Ross.

No comments: