Thursday, April 30, 2009

i have no self control...

In my defense, its all for the new place and most of it was red tag for sale and nothing was over $15. I have also determined that the TJ Maxx on Whittier & Painter is the best TJ Maxx around.

Item 1: postage stamp planter. I have been lusting after something to do with stamps for a long time and this thing was just lovely. I am thinking it would look nice with an orchid or some other potted plant and stick it in the guestroom.

Item 2: white ceramic lemon. Must I explain this? Its a lemon. Its white. I think I might put it on top of a pile of cookbooks in the kitchen.

Item 3: l'hotel des royales tin. Matches perfectly with a previously purchased pail/wastebasket for the downstairs bathroom. As far as usage, not 100% positive on that but I know I will use it for something. I saw one of these with a bunch of rolled up yellow towels (see sample picture below) and it made me happy and maybe I'll do that.
Item 4: yellow scroll picture frame. Another one of those that's obvious why I bought it. It could go anywhere, though it will most likely go in the built in bookcase in the livingroom or over the mantle.
Item 5: ceramic artichoke. A thing of beauty. It would seem obvious that I would place this in the kitchen right? But actually I think it may find a home in the livingroom as a bookend. Ceramic artichokes are hot right now and they're usually expensive. This one was 12 bucks. SCORE!Item 6: wastebasket. For office. I like that it looks like a giant mint julep cup and I actually want a mint julep cup so I can put pencils and pens in there. The other thing I've been lusting after comes from Potterybarn. The store that would furnish my entire house if I had an unlimited budget. Anyway, the dang thing's on sale so I'm getting it tomorrow:

1 comment:

design ingenue said...

TJ Max must be the same owners of Marshall's....I have have 3 of 6 in my house. ha.