Saturday, April 4, 2009

my future office/guestroom

I am a girl. I like pretty things that are shiny and fancy and blue. And like many girls I dream of an office with turquoise walls and a parsons desk.

This is what I'd like my office to look like and what I will be working on making happen when we move (oh yes, we're moving, that condo is going to be our fab new rental):
BREAKDOWN
First thing is the parsons desk, I know its not much but its the most classic thing and seems like everyone has it because its simple, its got two drawers, and its white and you won't get sick of it. Then its the ghost chair, no explanation needed, and an aluminum wastebasket from anywhere. Desktop: this lamp or a shiny one I'll no doubt find at Marshalls or something, a ribbon bulletin board I already own, a shiny note holder, and a steady supply of water in a carafe. I'm a fan of these shelves and I'd put some stuff up there that I have plus a shiny tape dispenser and these beautiful boxes or I'd make a cheaper version myself and of course we'd need some drapes... That monster cabinet is already ours and has storage for a printer and has a hanging file cabinet, but on top, I'd put a cute little tea set and an appropriate print. Lounging/Reading/Guesting: This sleeper sofa though white (which frightens me) would be good in case you need another bed and the ottoman would be in use when you are kicking it working. Add a toss pillow, a floor lamp, a little side table you got yourself a seating area and a place for guests to throw their stuff on. Above it I'd add some sort of wall art starting with this one I already own and finally over head either an expensive beautiful chandelier or a cheaper version equally interesting.

I can already tell its going to be my favorite room in the place or at least my favorite room to dream about...

No comments: