Saturday, May 23, 2009

in your face mom

Hmm... what do we have here? Why, it's a white kitchen with grey painted walls and stainless steel details. why no, as a matter of fact, it DOESN'T look too dark, in fact, it looks nice and bright and stuff... and what's that? Some lemons on display and JR Watkins products too?

IN YOUR FACE MOM!
And this is what I did at work because it was our last shoot day and I had the time. I made a little handy chart for our painter so we can all see the plan for the paint. It's going to be helpful for him to see it all laid out and that way the colors are narrowed down and we can just pick our favorite when we see it on the wall and well, it's helpful to me.


I grouped the colors by color family and the rooms I'd like to see in said colors, then added images of the paint in a room so we could see what it actually looks like and not just the swatches because swatches are ridiculously deceptive. 

It also helps me feel not so discombobulated when it comes to color 'cause I was feeling like the colors were all over the place but seeing it narrowed down to four pages with an actual plan makes me feel a lot more secure in the paint choices. 
And since I know there are little projects I'm going to do myself, it's helpful to have a reminder of the TO DO list. 
My boss at work couldn't believe I had done this, she said with all the work involved I should have gotten paid for it. But I figure my taking the time to do this now will save our painter time later. And feel free to steal my paint idea, I know lots of us are visual learners.

No comments: