Sunday, May 24, 2009

bids

This weekend we spent a really long time in the condo as we waited for potential workers to check the place out and give us bids on what their services would cost and how long it would take to make it all happen. The in-laws were there: Dan & Jill, mom gave the painter a ride so she came and so did my sister and her boyfriend so it was like we were already having a housewarming party even though we had no furniture or anything. Because of all that work involved, Matt and I have decided to stay in our apartment an additional two weeks while the condo is scraped, re-wired, painted, and carpet cleaned. And though it seems like I'm doing a lot of work on the place already, it's really nothing compared to the amount of phone calls and trips to the place that my father in-law has been dealing with so hats off to Dan & Jill who are the real homeowners, I'm just the decorator. 

No comments: