Wednesday, June 3, 2009

eating in yellow glory

According to the floor plan, the area opposite the kitchen is supposed to be a "family room" and then the dining area is actually in the living room. The space is really too big to be a dining room but I can't imagine it being anything but because to me, the practice of cooking and entertaining is much more elevated than in most families (this is me in the kitchen, I know I've put on some weight, you would too if you consistently cooked with 1 pound of butter)

Cooking for a group and having us all eat together is heaven to me especially if my making the food doesn't keep me stuck in the kitchen all night. I love how Ina (who in fact is pictured above. fooled you!) says "don't have fun without me" but you know they are while you're stuck over the stove. My ideal night would involve one of my friends holding a martini glass or wine glass and sitting on the stool in the kitchen gossiping with me while I pull something out of the oven. I know, my fantasies are so hot... 
Anyhow... I'm toying with the idea of painting the dining chairs bright yellow (I would say bright a** yellow but I know my mother in-law reads this). West Elm actually sells the scoop back chair in bright yellow and it really gives them their personality.

My other dilemma is the rug to bench combo (and I really want a bench for of lots of reasons but mainly because TYH did it) . This bench from Target. SIGH! It's this pattern called houndstooth which I've always loved just never knew what it was called. Apparently, everybody, most of these design things like styles of chairs and rugs and fabrics, they all have names. I know, it was a shocker to me too. 

I figure I could either have the patterned bench and solid rug.
Or the solid bench and patterned rug.


I asked Matt and he said, "Well I don't like that rug" so maybe it wouldn't be that specific one just one with a pattern.

2 comments:

Ambre said...

I like the solid bench with patterned rug!

Anonymous said...

I think I do too. Although I love houndstooth, so I could really swing either way on this one.