Monday, July 27, 2009

not to be ignored

In all the excitement of the dog I have to give paws to the other two furballs.

All my life I wanted a cat. Unfortunately, I lived with my mother she both hates cats and we lived in apartments that would not allow cats. In fact, when we got LJ & Gadget, I'm not sure we were allowed to have cats in that apartment either but nevertheless they have been with us when we lived in Whittier, La Habra, & now La Mirada. Here's Gadget at the top of the stairs:
They both have quirks but LJ in particular is a freak. That yellow scrunchi in his mouth is one of his favorite toys. He drags that thing into our room, onto our bed, and up and down stairs. Sometimes we toss it and he brings it back. Most times he just watches it. Last night I watched in utter delight as he brought this fluffy liner (not pictured) from the cat carrier in his mouth all the way down the stairs. We always find this fluffy liner lying around so we assume LJ drags it around but I'd never seen him do it. It was so cute and I just wonder why he does it.
LJ also likes to sleep near me. This is the sight I wake up to sometimes:
This is the sight I woke up to this morning as he lay his head on my leg.
Besides allergies, I don't see why more people can't be cat people.

No comments: