Friday, October 30, 2009

my wacky house quirk

In my mind, every room in my house not only has it's own color scheme BUT it's own scent.

This means candles and accessories give the mental image of the scent. This is most easily evidenced by the fact that by every sink, there is a distinct scented soap that corresponds with the room. The kitchen is of course, lemons.

But since Jill won this bottle of fancy soap at a shower (and generously donated to me), we've been using it. Truffles & Zucchini which is okay because its food. Once it runs out I think I'll get some citrus scented stuff.

The guest bath, with its purpley flowers, is in my mind scented lavender or lilac.

Jill gave me this bottle so it's the designated purple scent in there. Gee, Jill gives me a lot of stuff. Thanks JILL!

The downstairs half bath is always aimed at being gender neutral so the scent... 
 
Is my good friend JR Watkins Aloe & Green Tea hand soap.
 
Our bedroom I've always imagined as a calm, soothing scent, ready for bed.

Mrs Meyers liquid hand soap in lavender. Mrs Meyers stuff is also eco and fantastic so I recommend her highly. I also have this hand soap in a lotion and their lavender is just right, not too girly, not overly powerful, just enough to smell yummy.



So that's my wacky quirk.

Yes, I purchase four different brands of hand soap for each room. NUT.

No comments: