Wednesday, November 18, 2009

suicidal daisy

What's a girl gotta do to keep a flower alive in this place? This daisy here that Matt got me, had a sibling but that one wilted so bad the stem broke so I had to axe it, keeps dying on me!
It's crazy how much freaking water it sucks up! I have to literally take it into the bathroom and water it so much that the water leaks out the bottom (and then toss the leftover) and then do it every other day or the sucker wilts. I'd written him off already since the petals were limping but this morning he surprised me with a full recovery.

Of course I aided it in its recovery, see the pencil and ribbon holding it up?

What am I doing wrong? Is it too much greenery that's sucking all the water and not leaving enough for the flower? Should I get a bigger pot? HELP!

No comments: