Friday, November 27, 2009

well kiss my grits

Have I told you guys how much I love Better Homes and Gardens? Their home stuff is beautiful and their recipes are delicious. But this spread with a family's citrus green and yellow CHRISTMAS color decorations was just too close to home for me to ignore.

It seems like a big trend lately to decorate for Christmas within your own color scheme instead of imposing the traditional red and green into your home. Of course, the fun of Christmas is to decorate with colors you don't have year round so maybe I will stick to tradition but this family's house almost has me convinced.

Observe their beautiful happy dining area in yellow and green.
The table set simply but lovely.
Their living room, still has that Christmas vibe, but in their scheme.
 Even the presents are wrapped to coordinate with their aesthetic.
 
And this image makes me want to copy it exactly. White stockings with little gifts and tied to the staircase with yellow ribbon.
Lots of yellow ribbon is on my shopping list now.

No comments: