Monday, March 29, 2010

uh oh, matt was right

Current dining area looks like this. Lovely. Love it. Whoo. Here's the problem, a problem we all saw coming with EvY's tendancy to entertain. It can reasonably only seat about 8 people. Which presents a problem for things such as Thanksgiving and Christmas parties.
Enter the Bjursta. When closed it seats 6-8 and is about the size of the two tables that make up one of ours now:
 
When extended, it seats about 10, 12 if you push it.
One more person perhaps if you add a $90 bench. I have bench fever. I want a bench I don't care how I get it but this one might actually be a reasonable excuse!
 
We know I love picnic tables and benches so it would be phenomenal if I added a bench. It would look like that, with my yellow chairs around it instead of whatever those things are.
Le problem. Well Matt's on board because he told me to do that in the first place, to get a table that expands but I didn't because at the time we didn't have much room in our apartment and could not have forseen we'd be moving to a room with a giant seating area in so short a time. So convincing Matt is not a problem, he's given me the green light. The problem, is that I cannot and will not have a black shelf and a black table. Which means, I would paint or purchase a white one.
I wouldn't really want to get rid of the black one but I might only be able to convince Matt to let me buy a white one if I first sold ours. Craigslist had a bevy of people selling a white one for $50 which leads me to believe I could sell ours for $30-40 because it has pre-drilled holes to hang wine glasses and people don't like their stuff to be damaged. 

Do we agree I need a bigger table?

No comments: