Wednesday, July 28, 2010

big changes in the dining area

Anything look different to you?

How about now?
Das right, we bought the Bjursta. We went to Mama D's for dinner in Newport Beach and a girl, who also lived in Newport listed it on craigslist was selling it for $150, half off the retail price and already assembled. After dinner when we got there she told me it was as is when she bought it and had scratches and told me to name my price. $100 and a few flights of stairs later here we are.
At home I had to test the extended leaf situation. You could EASILY seat 12 people, which is just about the amount I'm expecting to seat for Christmas dinner. Geez we came far from 5 people.
No, I have decided not to paint the expedit white. The white table cloth works fine to break up all the black. And yes I still plan on purchasing the bench because I want extra seating and because I'm not gonna spend extra on the white expedit and bought the dining table for $200 less than I was expecting to buy it for. Also because dang it I want a bench!
I dunno if you knew but our old dining table situation consisted of two Melltorp tables, one of which is now for sale. $40 and you have to come get it.
The smaller of the two Mellys is now in the drum room, ready for childrens to come and color on it and will be designated kids table come Christmas.
Whew! This post brought to you by my husband's muscles. Carrying that table down two flights of stairs was no small task. I love you honey.

No comments: