Thursday, September 23, 2010

wedding song

When deciding on what song I would walk down the "aisle" to on our wedding day I was back and forth between two songs.

1) Comptine D' un Autre Ete from the Amelie soundtrack.
2) This Will Be from the While You Were Sleeping soundtrack.

Hmm I just realized they're both movie soundtracks.

Anyway, for weeks I played the songs back to back in the car on my iPod. The Comptine D' un Autre Ere was really beautiful, I could hear it over and over and never get sick of it. It wasn't mothereffing Canon in D at least and only a few people would know where the song came from. Cool people obviously.

A few months before the wedding Matt and I went to a wedding. The world's most generic wedding. Nothing was original. Nothing was interesting. I mean for Pete's sake people, could it have been more ordered from the okay I'll have the stupid lame wedding everyone has catalog. And the bride walked down the aisle to some classical tune. I says to myself, HELL NO! 
 
So although our families eventually were walked down the aisle to the tune of the beautiful Comptine, my dad and I walked down the aisle to the upbeat "This Will Be" by Natalie Cole. The song that opens my favorite movie.

As my dad and I walked down the aisle, I have no idea why, well probably 'cause I was so ridiculously giddy and happy and goofy (I know I know, ew) I started kinda dancing. My dad kinda started too. We were skipping and goofing off and right before I walked down the seating area I made him spin me. It's a celebration dangit! I am happy dangit!

The song Matt and I walked out too after we were announced Mr and Mrs Fredrich (not Mr and Mrs Matt Fredrich after all I still exist and have a name) was selected long before I selected mine. 

And it also kicked ass.

No comments: