Wednesday, December 29, 2010

ay ese cuarto

Next year dangit, that's the year our bedroom goes from dorm room at Hart Hall to a room where grown ups sleep and read comic books.

Nicole at Making it Lovely has it has a lot of the elements in her room that are things I want in mine like matching nightstands, matching table lamps, a bookcase, some sort of ceiling light, and my current favorite upholstered beauty: the Hoffman bed from Room & Board.
The element that's new to the room is a low and large dresser. We have tall ones right now because we were lacking of space in our apartment but we can go bigger now so I am into this style. It has to be about 6 roomy drawers or more because Matt needs four drawers for his stuff and I need one for my PJs. Is it just me or does that chair next to it look awesome?I even dig the minimal styling.
I still want to keep a large bookcase. Originally I wanted to get two of them to flank the dresser but now I might stick it off to the side but still visible from the bed. Of the many elements I've tossed around for the bedroom I will not bend on wanting this bookcase in this color. It has to be in the room. Has to. Period.
Over the dresser I don't want a mirror because we have two big ass closets (praise the Lord) and they have big ass mirrors. But I do want some sort of large artwork of sorts so methinks these shiny elements are just the ticket. They're almost mirror like but you can't see yourself in them. Bonus!
Even though I really don't want the bedroom to be all matchy matchy I mean, that's the reason why I want to change everything to begin with in the room but for some freaking reason I want to keep the dresser somewhat matching with the nightstands. Similar tones or similar wood or similar color. Either that or make them polar opposites.
And I still want these freaking sheets. I should just buy them because if they go away I will be so sad that I didn't jump on them when I had the chance. What am I waiting for anyway? Luckily I like the plain white comforter I have and the coverlet thing so bedding ain't the major problem in our room.
Want to know one of the major problems in the room? The freaking windows. What the heck do I put there?! I want them to block out lots of light but still look nice and airy. Right now we have just giant navy curtain panels that work fine but I want something more substantial. But what color? What fabric? I hate window scenarios. Maybe I should get some dark roller shades and then just use drapes for aesthetic but the problem is I can put roller shades on a sliding glass door! The windows are huge guys, HUGE.

Anyway, you can see why it's taken me almost two years to decide what to do in there. And nothing's been purchased which is probably smart since I can't decide on something that I truly love. Much won't get done in there until most of next year too. Le sigh. Why is the master bedroom the hardest room to decorate?

No comments: