Monday, December 27, 2010

christmas gifting

I was a good girl this year. I guess. Matt got me Ally Mc Beal Season 2. Matt's grandparents hooked the family up with cashmoney. Ally bought me Betty White: on a pillow. Matt's aunt got me a two tier serving platter. Matt's mom hooked me up with some cozy pjs I'm wearing right now and a vegan cookbook to complete my collection as well as these little beauties. Big pimpin. Sleepy head.
We hooked the family up with some good gifts too, everyone seemed genuine about liking their gift and started using them right away! Matt's mom wasted no time trying out the flip HD we got her and here's grandma enjoying Dan's gift from us, a putting mat.
My immediate family had a dinner the night of and a big ole gift exchange. We had so much fun. Dinner was delicious for being put together last minute (literally the day before I scrambled to think of food for us) and easy. On Thanksgiving we put our names in a hat and everyone drew a name and kept it hush hush. Matt and I got Mari & Gaudy. I got Mari a magazine subscription, and Matt picked a Gordon Ramsey cookbook for Gaudy. Though my cooking brother that loves Gordon Ramsey will probably use it too. And although the babies' names were not in the hat of course we spoiled the crap out of them. 
Both Lyla and Angie got the same baby walker thing from different tios. Lyla's too small for it but Angie was having fun pushing it around.
Angie also got this train thing from my mom that's high tech people. It comes with these blocks that has some special branding on the bottom that when you put it into the slot on the side of the train it speaks according to what's on the block. Like A is for Apple, etc. It's got this slot at the top that Angie loves sticking the blocks into. I swear it kept her entertained for like... minutes. But the freaking crap sings this obnoxious song and it lights up. I can hear the obnoxious song even when the train isn't on. Dammit I had forgotten the song now its in my head again. I hate you baby toys! This is my payback for giving Michelle that castle that lights up isn't it? 
Oh and auntie EvY violated her no matching clothes for babies policy in favor of matching PJs for the girls. But at least they were not ultra girly and had no santa, I think it was reindeer or a moose. 
The uncles took turns succumbing to our notions of oh how cute would a picture be of the uncles with the nieces in their matching PJs. Sorry guys.
And of course my kids got a gift and they were SUPER PSYCHED about it. They're catnip toys in the shape of sardines in a little sardine box. The dogs got squeeky toys.
I bought myself some Kate Spade. Don't get your hopes up critters, I just got a wall calendar and a little notebook. I took it as a sign that while doing my perusal of websites for things I can't afford, admit it, you do it too, ground shipping was free from Kate Spade and would arrive by Christmas. 
The calendar is adorable. It's themed with resolutions you plan to keep monthly and pretty colorful, which will be perfect in the office. 

My other gift from me to me will have to be returned because it turned out my mother in-law already bought it for my birthday in two months. Good thing I had the foresight to keep the tags on it just in case someone did buy it for me for Christmas. In my defense, if you see something at a great deal at Marshalls you gotta jump on it. But make sure Christmas and your birthday have passed, just in case.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

the castle lights up AND plays loud music that you can't turn off unless it just plays through... and if you try to turn it off by pusing the button again(or if your 2 year old just likes to push the button repeatedly) it plays and plays and plays... i hid it for awhile in order to maintain my sanity.