Thursday, January 13, 2011

new plans for office

I have been wanting an extra TV in the office for awhile. I figure I could get a small HD TV and put it in the cabinet that faces the couch. I figured it would be great to have for guests and I could use it to watch movies upstairs while Matt plays a video game downstairs. The desire for an extra TV has come about because well having to share a TV with my sister leads us to watching episodes of Nip/Tuck and Kat Williams stand up. I want the office to feel like a little living room in addition to being the place where I work and where people sleep when they come visit; and adding a TV in there would help that.
I was debating if I should get one of those TV/DVD combos and thought well, we could just move the Wii upstairs because it would have Netflix instant viewing available since the Wii is wireless internet ready AND it also works as a DVD and CD player! Then I could use the Wii Fit in the office in private! Matt thinks I should move the treadmill into the office too and have it be a little workout room (Ab gave us his treadmill, haven't used it yet because the drum room's been crowded with stuff) and I do like the idea. I'll need a tall plant in there now, obviously. And some bamboo.
Of course since I'm basically nuts, my OCD needs became well the TV should be white. Because well, the Wii is white and so is the cabinet. I know it's going to be hidden like 99% of the time but I still would like it to be white.
The weird thing about the TV idea is that Matt is completely not into it. Whoever heard of a man not wanting to buy another TV for his house? But since I'm managing I feel that I deserve it and I could call it a tax write off since it's for my home office. I actually spent all of today in the office working from home since my nieces are both here and downstairs making a racket. The cats on the other hand have been sleeping on the couch all day while I work at my desk. I really like my office, it's a very multi-functioning room and it's pretty.

What do you guys think of my plan?

No comments: