Saturday, January 22, 2011

who's my man?

Thomas O'Brien. His rooms are designed just how I'd like our master bedroom to look like. Masculine, classic, a little bit glam, and neutral but not boring. I was thinking I'd like the room to be mid-century looking but I really like how O'Brien keeps the rooms interesting and soothing.
This picture I took off a coverlet that was on sale at Target (T O'B has a bedding line there) and this room was almost too perfect. It also made me decide that I wanted to incorporate brass in the room, a color I have never warmed up to until recently. Look at those nightstands though. And those lamps. Have mercy.
And then there's the colors. I've been trying to keep navy blue in the room but why am I cracking myself over the head? I'm not even that big a fan of that color! So it's gonna go. Right now I really want green velvet curtains. Kind of the color of the wall color in that room above. I think I'll get Thomas's book for inspiration before I decide to do anything crazy. 

No comments: