Sunday, February 27, 2011

gingergrass

On President's Day Matt & I went to pick up our new dresser and detoured to Silverlake for lunch at Gingergrass a Vietnameses Bistro. We ate outside so we could keep on eye on our truck.
They brought the water in a wine glass with a cork which was a cute touch. "2007, that was a good year for water." - Matt.
I ordered hot tea and it came in this freaking adorable little single serve teacup that I have added to my amazon wishlist. Obviously it will live in my office. It comes in various colors.
On a whim I ordered the kale appetizer and we split it and heavens to betsy it was amazing. It was sauteed in garlic and olive oil and some salt and pepper and topped with crispy shallots. I am on a major kale kick right now and this is the best way I've had it. I did try the kale recipe by Door Sixteen and I loved it just went nuts on salt, next time, less salt.
The reason I wanted to go to Gingergrass was because it is the only place that makes a Vegetarian Pho that I know of. Pho is a Vietnamese soup that has rice noodles and usually is made with beef stock but they make it with a veggie stock and add tofu. So that means my honey pie can eat everything in it.
It was good but the kale kind of stood it up a little bit. Still, if you're ever in the area, I highly recommend Gingergrass. Try to go early because it's LA and they get crazy busy. We got there before the rush and found street parking right in front of the place miraculously. Bon Apetit.

No comments: