Friday, February 18, 2011

mon birthday

I had a pretty kick ass birthday. It was a shoot day and I got lots of hugs and happy birthdays. At the end of the night my sweet office PA Miguel got me a box full of tiny cupcakes and they sang to me. I almost felt bad he got them 'cause when I was a PA I freaking HATED getting birthday cakes for people that I didn't care about. I'm gonna go with Miguel did it out of his own free will 'cause he likes me. Yeah.

Ali phoned and asked what I'd be doing and I said all I wanted was wine and cheese for my day and the one place we were gonna go did not have a cheese plate. She suggested The Twisted Vine in Fullerton. Umm, excuse me, where has it been all my life. They've been around for 4.5 years and I'm just hearing of their existence now?
I got a little cheese plate and some pesto pasta and some great wine from Paso Robles. I'm a total California wine snob. I won't buy stuff unless it's from Cali. Or if I have some left over from a certain French themed Christmas party. We were concerned Matt would be able to eat anything but thankfully they had a salad he really liked and my food was good too. When Ali was trying to sell the idea to me she said they had good honey. Ever since we went to Crush with Ambre all I want is honey on my cheese now. This one was from Napa. BADABING. And look at the tiny portions! Just enough for one little 29 year old.
It is a new favorite hot spot. I know you'll all be wanting to come with me later. Sweet vibe and ambiance, good eats, lots of wine.

No comments: