Tuesday, March 29, 2011

i moved furniture in the bedroom

Well the first move was motivated by my paranoia. After the earthquake in Japan I decided to take down the art that hung over our bed. I will not replace it with anything that can fall on us.
Then I moved lulu over here to see what she would look like flanked by two tall bookcases. She looks fine. The idea here is to replace those bookcases with two lack bookcases. I finally compared the two bookcases together and kilby, our bookcases, are about 14" wider than lack, 5" deeper, and about the same height. It will have four shelves instead of five which I'm looking forward to since I have trouble filling up the shelves as it is.
Lets remind ourselves of a phenomenal display on a lack bookcase. So masculine, so full of boxes, so perfect. I really dig that fan too. 
Then we'll place a chaise lounge in front of the bookcase where the lamp is, sorta like this image below. Except our chaise will be this one and facing away from the bookcases. I really like the idea of a throw and a pillow on the chaise to add some color. There will be much napping danger in there, I feel it. I also want an arc brass lamp for reading. 
Then I moved Matt's dresser here. And I've realized that originally I wanted a credenza style dresser but it would feel to furniture heavy in there since we're already getting two bigger bookcase, that bigger dresser AND maybe a bigger bed. So what we need for Matt is a dresser about this width but a little shorter. Or we'll move his stuff into lulu and I'll get a dresser for me. Haven't worked it out yet.
Well at least I'm thinking about stuff. I think nothing else should be purchased until the bed is. So far nothing has except lulu.

No comments: