Monday, November 21, 2011

tofurky

We finally visited a Henry's Market which has merged with Sprouts and sheesh where have I been, it's like a mini Whole Foods but closer to home. And while I was there looking for vegan marshmallows to no avail I found this which I'll be attempting for the first time on Thanksgiving.
You can buy just the loaf but this one was the deluxe "vegetarian feast" version which comes with gravy, tofurky jurky wishbone, coupons, and a chocolate cake. Everything is 100% vegan so my honey pie can eat all he wants. I gotta say I am really nerdily excited about the whole thing especially since the instructions are legit: defrosting for 24 hours and basting is involved.

Let's see, is "basting tofu" on my list of Things I'd never thought I'd do, why yes it is.

No comments: