Friday, December 23, 2011

another one ready

After weeks of it being the room where I shoved all the Christmas decorations I hadn't found a place for  I finally made myself go into the drum room and finish getting it ready for guests.
The Old Navy job scored us some hanging lamps that plug in so I hung it over the bed. None of the bedrooms have overhead lighting, everything is plugged into an outlet and has a lamp. So this is kind of pretend overhead lighting since it's basically just a lamp hung from the ceiling.
This arm chair is my favorite thing about this room. Very few places are so comfortable for reading.
The side table is a pretty cute little scene.
Oh yeah there's a tree in here too. With a tiny present underneath it as well.
The alarm clock has capability for playing your mp3 player of choice. I would choose an iPhone, but that's just me.
I switched out the sheets for flannel sheets. We used to use these in our bedroom before we switched to non-snowflake-y flannel sheets. Technically these don't quite fit the bed since the sheets are for a queen but whatever, better larger than smaller.
And like in the guest room I hung ornaments on the curtain rods in the color corresponding to the room's color scheme.
And as you can see, to the left of that chair is all the manly things that are Matt's influence.
I think that signed Mignola poster is his pride and joy. And he loves that Godzilla poster.
I did switch out a movie poster for this free printable that was available on the internets.
We bought the blu-ray of Pulp Fiction and it came with this Jack Rabbit Slim menu that I just had to frame. In the menu you can see the $5 milkshake listed.
If you wanna kick it old school, here's the record player.
On top of which I stuck a bowl full of non-breakable ornaments.
And have loaned this room a very treasured possession: my campfire tealight.
You turn it on from the bottom.
And enjoy the magic that is a campfire without all the ash smell on your clothes.
We still have that guest room pamplet in here though, should you decide to explore L.M.
And of course a wreath on the door.
And the candle smells like Christmas. I love it.
Ed Wood says come on over it's great in here!
Join us. We promise we will respect the locked doors.

No comments: