Thursday, December 22, 2011

because i will go through great lengths for a joke

You know how I prepared the guest room with the concept that it was a "hotel room"? Well I took it a few steps further. Other than it having its own stationery and pamphlet, I also made these:
That's right, hotel key card holders. Apparently I've also decided that the new branding of my hotel involves the color purple. Upon "check-in" guests will be given their card holders with keys inside.
I have a collection of hotel keys in the office so it was easy to re-create a hotel key. Add a barcode and some arrows and boom, sold.
I also put room numbers on the doors.
And by the door handles is this little box:

Which is the "key card" lock to allow you entry into your room.
Please make sure you slide it with the arrows pointing down otherwise you'll be sleeping on the couch.
I'd like to tell you that I did this mostly for Charlotte & Claire so we can play hotel when they come to spend the night, but even as grown-ups, can't we still pretend every once in awhile?

No comments: