Thursday, December 22, 2011

either the pressure is getting to me or i don't have that much to do

I have not been doing much this week. Maybe I am just too aware of the fact that starting Friday we will be bombarded with people every single day and maybe instead of taking advantage of that fact to clean I'm taking advantage of that fact to spend the day in p.j.s, eating leftovers, and watching hours of 30 Rock. Doesn't seem like me though... I should be spending every waking moment getting ready for parties and family and making the house look spotless! 
I spent yesterday cleaning up the two guest rooms and realizing, I guess there isn't that much to clean after all? Or is it that I'm just too lazy to care? I mean, how dirty can two rooms that sit unused 80% of the time get? Not very dirty as I learned. Some dusting, some vacuuming, a little aesthetic rearrangements and they looked ready. The living room and kitchen need some serious scrubbing but I feel like I can do that next week before the big party. And my family won't care if things aren't perfect, they'll be distracted by the pretty table and piles of presents. 

Oh my gosh, is this was relaxed feels like? Did all of my months ago shopping and ordering online of gifts that were delivered and wrapped weeks ago pay off? Is there really that little left to do? 

No comments: