Thursday, February 23, 2012

angie's first trip to disneyland

First of all, Angie learned to say "Eby" so the entire drive there she just kept saying Eby Eby, I'd turn around and she's say some gibberish or point. She did that a lot that day.

Liz, Lyla, Matt, and I have Disneyland Annual Passes. Both girls are under 3 so they're free and so one not particularly exciting Tuesday, we took Angie to Disneyland for the first time as our "babysitting" while her mom was at work and unpacking their new place. She pointed to the train "choo choo"!
Lot of pointing. LOTS. She would keep patting us until we looked at her while she pointed like "Oh my gosh are you seeing this?!".
As we headed to Frontierland we spotted Cinderella and since Angie knew the word for "princess" we figured she'd love it you know, meeting a princess. BTW, castles are pretty awesome right?
Nope, wouldn't have it. This is as close as she got. She pulled away all freaked out. I dunno if it was the giant mouse in a dress that scared her but she would not say hi to Cinderella.
Lyla got over it and posed with her.
Matt and I snuck in a burrito and Liz headed to Tom Sawyer Island to let the girls run around. We met up with them there, bilion dollar amusement park and they loved running on dirt and pointing to ducks.
Sniffle. I remember when she was a newborn... they grow up so fast!
The jungle cruise was a big hit. Monkeys and elephants and fishes (aka the piranhas).
I was planning on being a crazy picture taker, even put the camera strap on and everything! But dumb butt me forgot to charge the battery. I took backup pics with the phone instead.
As far as flying rides are concerned I think the Astro Orbitters are more fun than Dumbo. Kids are able to see more out the side and Angie was a BIG fan, which I was relieved about since flying can be horrifying for a child but she was just squealing.

The half hour wait for Finding Nemo was totally worth it. I forgot that's Angie's favorite movie. Fishes! Fishes! Memo! Memo! She was a happy camper.
And while no one in our group wanted to watch the parade I told them, "the girls will love it" and I was right. So much clapping and waving and pointing!
That had us at about 7:30pm so we went on Small World and called it a day. They fell asleep as soon as we returned them to the stroller. We never made it to Fantasyland which I kind of wanted to save for when Angie's mom can join us. The family's trying to plan a trip with everyone and the girls so we'll save Peter Pan and Alice and the teacups for then. 

But since we did it for Lyla, here's a video of Angie on Small World:

No comments: