Wednesday, April 25, 2012

four things i'm into

Tropical/Desert/Palm Springs Chic. Big ole palms. Bright Colors. Flamingos, obviously. These things appeal to me right now in a big way. I love the heat, so sue me, I do, I grew up going to Mexicali, and the images of poolside lounging mixed with glamour is something I imagine incorporating into my life.
Not so much in my clothes though. I like the idea of making a room out of the concept. Like that wallpaper in Blanche's bedroom that's so classic.
Stars and celestial type things. This has been ongoing for awhile, most of my master bedroom pin board is about the heavens.


Neon. Big time. I like to incorporate it in small ways though, just a little flash shining through, unlike the family I saw at California Adventure who wore all matching neon green t-shirts. Yuck.
Art Deco + The Combination of black and white and green or mint. B&W make me happy always but I'm particularly into what it looks like with green or mint. And art deco, though I'm not quite sure this thing qualifies maybe just a little, think Hollywood Tower of Terror style. I'm inspired by the art deco table tops, so much glamour in an old school way.
It's 2:24am PST and I was up partly because my family's in town from San Diego and we went to Disneyland for awhile and had a late dinner and partly because I had to be on the phone with London pretty early to handle work ish. I can't remember the last time I've been up at 2:24am. 

No comments: