Tuesday, May 29, 2012

i had a freaking awesome weekend

We didn't make any plans for Memorial Day weekend. Four days of waking up early for 14 hour shoot days left me pretty tired so I wanted to do nothing. Thankfully nobody listened to me. 

Saturday morning we went to the bike shop and I bought a bicycle with a basket. 
We went to a graduation lunch for our pal JB and caught up with a few of our also married pals from Biola. 
Sunday, we exchanged the bicycle I'd purchased for one with gears. The sales guy told me to do it: ALWAYS get a bike with gears otherwise you will never make it up even the tiniest of hills. I didn't listen. Went home and the latest issue of Sunset Magazine had an article about what to look for in a bike, number 3) gears. At least three but 7 would be ideal. Thankfully since I'd admitted my stupidity, the sales guy let me exchange it and also since we mentioned that we'd probably be buying another bicycle, this time in black. 
Then Matt and I went on a bike ride around the block. We were beat. Our friend Fatz phoned after our nap and invited us to see "21 Jump Street" at the Dollar Theatre. Hell yes. Hilarious, in case you were wondering.
My brother texted Sunday night to see if we wanted to attend a Memorial Service at Olive Lawn Cemetery for VFWs. Sure! We met up with Matt's family, his grandfather on his dad's side is a WWII vet and his grandfather on his mother's side served in Korea (his uncle technically served in Vietnam but it's a hilarious story you'll have to hear later). 
I asked this boy scout to pose for me. He obliged but was thoroughly weirded out.
Matt's grandparents and aunt and uncle attend every year. 
My brother got to shake the mayor's hand, which was pretty cool. I got to wear a cute outfit.
 After that we had an American lunch at Red Robin with burgers and freedom fries and picked up Angie for a pool dip.
Matt's cousin and his lady were there too and our friend Fatz joined us again to bring us this photograph:
Lyla the birthday girl dropped by to pick up some supplies for her birthday party.
We ended the day with pizzas and the dungeons and dragons episode of Community. I'm so very thankful to the men and women of the armed forces for sacrificing their lives so that we may live free and pursue happiness.

No comments: