Tuesday, May 29, 2012

jolly holiday cafe

File this under the category of Miri + Me things. A cafe in Disneyland themed around Mary Poppins. It just opened this year and is right on the edge of Main Street right by the Partners statue, on the other side of the Enchanted Tiki Room. It leans towards healthier fare so that means Matt can find things to eat and one magical Wednesday, with our pal Trevor (who was on a juice cleanse diet) we checked in.
Penguin stained glass. Add that to things that will be in a future child's bedroom. Maybe just a print. Dang I think I just thought of Alice's 4th birthday party theme.
The had the Banks family's tree and I didn't see them but the video told me they planted cherry trees in the patio. Cherry trees. So cute.
I think they should have painted someone laughing on the ceiling.
And they had these mosaic floor displays that looked like Bert's chalkboard drawings.
Menu.
It was Disneyland food so the display cases told you what you see is what you get.

Behind the counter they had this cool old looking stove that looked as if they were actually using it.

It's also a little bakery and they had quite a selection of yummies.

Matt and Trevor both got some grilled veggie salad. It had some grains in it and was pretty good.
I got a sandwich and some chips (or crisps).
They put the chips on this The Times paper that was pretty cute.
It was Caprese and not bad at all for Disney food.
My desert of choice was the matterhorn macaroon. 
I also ordered the punch but it wasn't amazing or anything but the food was good and it's got plenty of outside seating so I would definitely recommend it if you find yourself in Walt's Kingdom.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

At 4 years old Alice will have a Disney Princess Party because she will have an opinion by then... unless she's like Claire and wants a "Santa Party" for her 4th birthday. :)

EvY said...

It will be a child of mine so it will have an opinion. If she's fortunate enough to be adopted by me I'm sure she'll be agreeable and let me do whatever I want. But by then I'll probably do what she wants anyway

Miri said...

I need to get a Disneyland pass again.