Wednesday, May 30, 2012

a perfectly perfect kitchen layout

Who else but Ikea? I've long assumed if I ever gutted a kitchen it would be replaced with Ikea kitchen and the layout on this kitchen was pretty much perfect. Notice how compact it is but this kitchen is working very hard and has ooodles of storage.
I like the layouts with the big island/seating on one side and the appliances on the other. And the island is all drawers and you know how I feel about that.
On this side I would have removed some or all of the cabinets in favor of open shelving.
And they had the stove/dishwasher/sink all near each other which I'm a big fan of.
Straight ahead they had the microwave just high enough out of reach of little hands.
In between the microwave and the fridge, a pull out pantry. Drool.
Cabinets above the fridge area also good.
To the right of the microwave, there was this little roll down thing.
Inside was unsightly appliances. I'd add an outlet so we can keep them in there for use.
This is clever above the microwave.
Island with nothing but storage.
No space left without storage possibility, like this little pull out next to the stove for oils and stove stuff.
I do like these vent things.
Lighting + Dining.
Just a perfect layout for my future kitchen.
Ugh I need a house so I can start doing this stuff.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

if ever possible... put your oven up higher too... lyla can open mine.